Part-time Editor, High Country Wedding Guide
Love weddings? Love romance? Love celebrating all things North Carolina’s High Country? High Country Wedding Guide—a product of WNC magazine publisher GulfStream Communications—is looking for a Western North Carolina-based contractor to pull together the 2017 edition of the print publication, which covers Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Mitchell, Watauga, Wilkes, and Yancey counties.
· sourcing and sorting through submissions for real-life wedding stories, inspiration/styled shoots, engagement portrait sessions, and more
· producing shoots featuring fashion, florals, tabletop, products, and more
· writing, fact-checking, editing stories in accordance with Chicago Manual of Style
· working with remote art designer, editor-in-chief, and daily blog/digital editor (and driving production schedule with same team)
· acting as a liaison between the traveling sales staff and content
· representing the brand in the community
· feeding social media fodder to the digital editor
· proficiency in Word, InDesign, Google Docs
· an eye for lovely imagery, ear for a good human interest story, and knack for trendspotting
· knowledge of the High Country and its wedding industry
· engaging, professional personality
· meets deadlines and can work autonomously
· excellent communicator (online, by phone, etc.)
Prefer candidate with writing, editing, print production experience.
Part-time for 4-6 months, with a concentration toward to the end of the year (publication goes to press in the third quarter). Time commitment totals about 4 months. Ideal candidate will start by mid July.
Competitive for a regional publication.
Please e-mail cover letter, resumé, and pertinent writing/editorial samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.